Monday, July 21, 2008

So Much Going On

I have so much catching up to do on here and I will try as best I can to remember everything that has been going on in Belly's life these last few months. Aside from her first birthday party, which will be in a subsequent post she has made so many accomplishments.
First off, she is finally crawling normally. For the time being she sees this as the best mode of transportation and is not walking on her own yet. Although we are getting close and braver. She takes a step or two sometimes from one object to the next.
Second, we have 9 teeth now and are almost transitioned all the way over the adult food. She got very sick and tired of baby food and was refusing to eat much of anything. She's excellent at managing the 9 teeth she does have so we figured it's time.
Next, she is being transitioned off a bottle and onto at least a sippy cup although she does really well on a regular cup (with our help of course)
She is getting really tall and she's into 18-24 months clothing now. We finally managed to get her a decent array of summer clothes. Only took half the summer :) Now to get into fall and winter clothes. Seems like summer is so short around here.
We still find it so hard to believe a whole year has gone by since her arrival.
Let me see what else has been going on. OH yeah how could I forget that one afternoon not to long ago. I imagine every mother has gone through this at least once. Well one day she was up for her nap. She had on cloth diapers and her diaper cover and no bottoms on over the diapers and cover. We don't usually do that as she has taken to ripping her diaper and cover off from time to time. Well this particular afternoon she did just that only she had poopied, of course. Well after 3 hours she was so quiet we began to get a little worried. She hadn't taken 3 hour naps since she was about 6 months old. So I went to peak in to see if she was okay and was met with a most foul smell. You guessed it. She had been finger painting with the only available material. I called mom and dad up, took her into the bathroom for an early bath and left THEM to clean up the nursery :) I figured I'd already done this once before with her uncle so it was their turn. They thought it was funnier than I did when it happened to me. But then there were 3 people to clean up the mess instead of one exhausted mother.
Another fun story. About 7 weeks ago we attended another dog show with Belly in tow of course. Our first one since she was about 4 months old. This time she definitely knew it wasn't home and didn't sleep well at all exhausting all of us. But the fun part was she had her first introduction to a pool. IT was indoors so it was bath water warm. Well she took to it like a fish in water. I really wish I had the camera handy at the time. It was the funniest thing in the world. She splashed and tried to swim and swallowed alot of water. But none the worse for wear. She just had such a great time.
I think that's about all our accomplishments as far as developmentally. Now in the next post will be her birthday part with LOTS of pictures.

No comments: